ASA is a filament for 3d printing with exceptional weather resistance. Unlike many plastic materials, the ASA maintains its color and impact resistance, even after long-term outdoor use.
- It is mechanically robust, perfect for applications with need of resistance
- Resistant to ultraviolet rays (U.V.), therefore does not goes yellow.
- Water resistant, for underwater applications or pump couplings
- It has great dimensional stability, so it does not present warping and the printing pieces have good tolerances.
We recommend the following printing settings
- TEMP: 250 – 260 ºC
- HEATBED: 90-110ºC
- For the hot bed, we recommend to use lacquers for 3d Printing.
- Fan (0- 30%)
- Speed: 40 – 60 mm/s
The ASA is a filament often used for house roofs, transport equipment covers, outdoor machinery and electrical equipment when persistent color and impact resistance are required.
The materials molded in ASA allow a post-processing:
- Machining (turning, milling, drilling, saw cutting)
- Soldier (hot plate, by rotation and in some cases by ultrasound)
- Bonding (ASA is soluble in methyl ethyl ketone, dichloroethylene and cyclohexanone)
- Surface treatment (printing, painting without special pre-treatment)